Sinus Headache Relief
Millions of people in the USA, and all over the world for that matter, suffer with a sinus headache on almost a daily basis, but few people understand the disease, its causes, the range of treatments available and how to get relief from the dreaded sinus headache.
Sinusitis refers to any kind of inflammation or irritation of the sinuses & is typically caused by bacterial infections from dust, pollen and the polluted air we breathe and often aggravated by allergies.
Is There an Effective Cure for a Sinus Headache?
The most common cure or treatment for a sinus headache is to go on a course of antibiotics to clear up the sinus infection, however the drawback, of following this “quick fix”treatment, is that sinus sufferers could become immune to antibiotics as well as damaging their immune system.
Furthermore, different infections contracted later in life may be difficult to treat until an an antibiotic is found that the infection has no immunity to.
For some types of sinus problems, surgeries can be effective, but they can also have complications.
This is why prevention & early treatment of infection may cure you of sinus before having to resort to antibiotics or surgery.
3 Ways to Get Relief From Your Sinus Infection & Pain
1. Allergic management
- Treatment of allergic rhinitis and other symptoms of allergies may include avoidance of exposure to various environmental factors or foods to which the sinus sufferer is allergic.
- You also need to examine your history to see what you are allergic to, for instance feather pillows are frequently the cause.
- Often medication of some sort could be needed, for instance antihistamine nasal sprays or oral non-sedating antihistamines with or without decongestants.
- You could also resort to infrequent desensitization injections.
In many patients, sinusitis may be cured or controlled with medication only which could include the following:
- A course of antibiotics.
- Nasal sprays containing steroids, decongestants, and/or saline.
- Oral decongestants.
If medication fails surgery may be required.
- Surgery involves opening the sinuses to allow better aeration & draining or the removal of masses or polyps.
- The sinus surgery is usually done endoscopically through the nose.
- It rarely requires incisions under the lip or around the eyebrows.
So to keep your sinus system healthy & your sinuses draining properly, try and live by the above treatments to get relief from the debilitating effects of sinusitis.