A Paleo Guide You Must Have If You’re Starting This Healthy Way Of Eating
This essential Paleo guide will attempt to show you the type of Paleo approved foods that are supposedly the most biologically appropriate for the human body, as well as those that you should avoid.
This Paleo guide will provide you with arguably the most suitable balance of nutrients to help you in striving for natural weight loss, improved health & strengthened immune system.
To start with, think of the Paleo diet plan (also known as the Caveman diet) as a way of changing your modern day eating habits to match those of our ancestors who were not exposed to simple carbs, sugars, processed foods, pasta, cereals, grains & carbohydrates.
Selecting the right foods, proportions & meal structures can be a little confusing at first but this Paleo guide should help you understand what foods & eating habits your body will perform best on.
Furthermore, many believe that our “modern day diet” is largely to blame for the rise in obesity, diabetes & heart disease and that these diseases can be reversed by eating a Paleo styled diet consisting of real wholesome foods including vegetables, meat, nuts & berries.
It should be noted that the principles of Paleo are based on the idea that the mismatch of the modern day diet and the diet our bodies were designed to cope with & perform best with, is one of the main reasons for obesity, diabetes, heart disease & many other health & weight issues.
Therefore, just as you would not feed your pet animal a cooked meal & dessert every evening (as you know it wouldn’t be right & would make it sick), the same principle applies to the human diet…
…in other words, eating the foods that we were meant to eat will ensure our bodies perform optimally, improve our health & provide us with feelings of youthful vigor.
Need Some Help?
Paleo Diet Basics
If you’re new to the Paleo way of eating you are in for a real treat (and so is your body)…
…but first let’s clear your pantry of all the foods on the list below as they are forbidden on the Paleo diet.
Foods That Are Not Paleo Friendly
(Foods to be avoided)
- Sugars (Sweets, Pastries, Cookies, Cakes, Soft Drinks, Fruit Juices, Snacks, Energy Drinks, etc)
- Legumes (Beans, Peas, Peanuts)
- Dairy Products
- Carbohydrates (Starches, Potatoes, Rice, etc)
- Processed Meats
- Gluten (Found in rye, wheat & barley
- Vegetable and seed oil
Foods On the Paleo Food List
(Eat as much of these as you like)
- Meat (Grass Fed, ie not Grain Fed Beef)
- Poultry (Free Range)
- Natural Oils (Olive Oil, Coconut Oil & Avocado Oil)
- Fruit & Berries – Be careful of the ones with high sugar concentration such as bananas.
- Nuts (Almonds are good, Peanuts are not).
- Spices and herbs
- Fats (Coconut Oil, Coconut Milk, Butter, Fish Oil, Fats from grass-fed meats, etc).
- Tubers (Sweet Potatoes & Yams which are high in calories and carbs if you need something to replenish your energy after a workout)
Whilst you are allowed to eat as much as you like from the list of foods above, the chances of over-eating are slim as you are likely to feel full & satisfied when eating Paleo approved foods & meals – this helps with natural weight management, health improvement as well as a host of other benefits (below).
TIP: An important tip is to Plan Your Meals & Food Choices
If you do not plan your meals you may start running out of ideas for your dishes & lapse into your old habits of eating fast foods and cooking with convenience foods.
Side Effects Of Going Paleo
As carbs are largely forbidden you are probably worried that you may run out of energy & that this diet may be detrimental to your body.
Well luckily our bodies are designed to operate on a lower amount of carbohydrates than the amount we’re used to eating, so consuming less carbs should not be a problem for you.
In fact it could be good news as instead of using carbohydrate for energy your body will look to start using your fat reserves and start getting used to burning that for energy – this process is known as ketosis .
Most of us will be very happy to know that the main benefit of using fat for energy is that you will be getting rid of your excess body fat (including that belly fat) which is what most people pay big money to achieve – and all this without having to do situps or crunches (although exercise is generally beneficial for your health & weight management).
It should be noted that you will still be ingesting getting carbs from eating vegetables, sweet potatoes & fruit which are all on the Paleo food list.
How the Paleo Diet Could Help You Slim Down Naturally
Firstly, Paleo foods are extremely nutritious so it’s extremely difficult to overeat or binge as you will feel full & satisfied fairly quickly.
For example a number of servings of broccoli would leave you feeling full but you will have consumed less calories & carbs than a single serving of pasta which would leave you still feeling hungry.
This brings me to my second point and that is that carbs & processed foods (generally all non-Paleo foods) are addictive & unsatisfying which means that after a meal you are left feeling hungry & wanting more.
A diet high in carbohydrate, especially for CR (Carbohydrate Resistant) people can be a recipe for poor health, obesity & diabetes.
10 Benefits You Could Enjoy By Going Paleo
By going on the Paleo diet plan with this Paleo guide your body should be jumping for joy as you may be getting these direct benefits just by eating the way nature intended…
- a glowing & clearer skin
- feeling more energized without feeling tired all the time
- it’s a great antidote for depression
- strengthened your immune system
- a slowing down of the body’s aging process
- a reduction of inflammation in your body which is often the root of all types of ailments we suffer from
- a lowering of your risk of getting diabetes (or even reversing it)
- a reduction of your chances of developing heart disease
- by not eating addictive foods, you will feel satisfied after meals and you won’t always be feeling hungry which is what the modern day diet does to you.
- and lastly, the best side effect of all is that you will lose a significant amount of weight quite quickly – this is probably what most of us are looking to achieve, to look slim & sexy
PS. This 30-Day Paleo Program Could Be Your Ticket To a Naturally Slim & Healthy Body
- lose those extra pounds just by eating correctly (not less)
- wake up feeling energized rather than tired & lethargic
Not only will this program provide you & your family with specially crafted meal plans, shopping lists, exclusive recipes, valuable tips & inspiration…
…but it also comes with a lifetime membership to ensure that you will always get the most out of this healthy way of eating.