4 Easy Paleo Recipes To Get You Started On the Paleo Diet
These Paleo recipes for breakfast, lunch & dinner are just what you need to help you get started on the Paleo diet & hopefully enjoy the weight loss & health benefits you may get with this way of eating.
Many of us are fully aware of the possible benefits we could realize from eating the Paleo way which may include natural weight loss & improved health…
…however when it comes to preparing dishes, the choice you have may seem a bit limited if you do not have access to a wide range of 100% approved Paleo recipes.
Furthermore, when you are exposed to some of the delicious Paleo recipes & dishes that are out there, you will realize just how much variety & choice there actually is when it comes to preparing delicious Paleo meals quickly & easily.
1. Paleo Oats For Breakfast
Since going Paleo the one thing I really miss is having a nice hot bowl of oats for breakfast.
Well this Paleo version is a delicious substitute which tastes fantastic & is arguably far more healthy than the traditional oats – no wheat, gluten or other nasty ingredients.
- 1 Tablespoon of almonds
- 1 Tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- I Tablespoon of chia seeds – great for energy
- 2 Tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 1 Mashed banana
- Half a cup of almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 Eggs
- Half a cup of blueberries
- 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon
- Whisk the eggs and almond milk together in a bowl.
- Then stir in your mashed banana together with the almonds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, blueberries & cinnamon and add a 1/4 cup of boiling water
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and, whilst stirring slowly, heat up to your desired temperature and consistency
- Transfer the oats into a bowl and add more almond milk, blueberries, banana slices, cinnamon or nuts as you like.
This makes a tasty, light bowl of Paleo “oats” that can be eaten cold as well as hot.
Here’s a 7-Day Meal Plan To Complement These Paleo Recipes
— Paleo Power (@PowerPaleo) November 23, 2015
2. Sweet Potato & Bacon Paleo Soup
- 2 to 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 6 Slices organic bacon
- 2 Large carrots, diced
- 2 Stalks celery, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled & chopped finely
- 1½ Tsp curry powder
- 1 Red chili, sliced finely
- 1½ Tsp salt
- ¼ Tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 7 Cups of chicken stock
- Parsley, chopped
- Melt some cooking fat in a large skillet
- Add the sweet potatoes, bacon, carrots, celery, garlic, onions & curry powder and combine well
- Cook until the carrots & sweet potatoes start becoming soft
- Boil the chicken stock in a pot & add the vegetables to the stock and allow to simmer for 10 minutes
- Add salt & ground pepper for taste and blend the soup until smooth.
- Garnish the portions with the parsley & red chili slices and serve
You can serve & eat this soup as it is but for more oomph try out these serving ideas…
- for extra protein & taste top it with a couple of fried eggs
- if you’re really hungry make it into a full meal by adding cooked beef chunks or sliced chicken
- sprinkle with cheese & allow it to melt for extra taste
3. Tasty Apple Sandwich Snack
Here is an easy Paleo lunch recipe that you can pack and take to work.
It may not be the most adventurous dish you will find but it certainly works for me….
- Sliced apple
- Peanut butter (Peanuts are not strictly Paleo even though they’re a decent source of thiamin, niacin, folate, magnesium & fairly rich in polyphenols although they’re also known to contain aflatoxins which are fungal toxins and can promote bowel & colon disease related cancers) so if you can substitute with organic butter it would be a better choice
- Hard boiled Eggs
- Sliced or mini tomatoes
- Slices of cold beef
- Spread the peanut butter on the apple slices
- Chop up the lettuce and add the salmon & tomato & sprinkle a little olive oil
- Pack into lunch box compartments together with the slices of meat & the banana
After the lunch box is packed it can be placed in the refrigerator ready to take to work in the morning and should keep you going from breakfast through until supper time.
4. Paleo Beef Stew For Supper
This is a delicious Paleo beef & vegetable stew recipe that you will love.
- 1 to 2 pounds of organic (grass fed) beef – don’t worry if it is fatty as this will add to the flavor
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Large sweet potato
- Half a cup of red wine
- 2 Cups of beef stock
- 1 Can of tomatoes – or 2 if you prefer
- 1 tsp of oregano & basil leaves
- Chop up the beef & sweet potato into chunks and dice the carrots
- Add the garlic, onion and beef into a pot and allow it to brown nicely
- Add the beef stock together with the carrots, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, red wine, oregano & basil and allow to simmer for an hour or two until it’s ready for serving.
This is a delicious, healthy meal that can be enjoyed anytime especially on those cold winter’s evenings.
Need Some More Paleo Recipe Ideas?
I find that it can be quite confusing & easy to run out of ideas when it comes to preparing great Paleo dishes…
…download this fantastic collection of exciting recipes to help you serve a wide variety of delicious Paleo dishes for every meal.